At White Rock Dental, we often see patients who have crooked teeth. Many of these people dislike the way their smiles look, and that causes their self-esteem to drop. There’s no need to let crooked teeth bring you down, however, because Dr. John Hanna and Dr. An Q Le offer an array of orthodontic treatments, with one that’s sure to meet your needs.
Contemporary orthodontic therapy will straighten your teeth, improve your smile, and give you back your self-confidence, much quicker than the orthodontics of old.
If you would like to know more about orthodontic treatments, call our White Rock dental office today at (214) 348-2320 to schedule your free consultation with one of the doctors.
Orthodontics at a Glance
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that patients have their first orthodontic visit by the age of seven. By this time, a child will lose many of her baby teeth, and adult teeth will begin to erupt. Most dentists can tell by this age if the child will need orthodontic treatment.
Doctors can identify treatable problems, such as overbites, underbites, potential crowding or a future with wide spaces between teeth. In some cases, interceptive orthodontics — or early orthodontics — is necessary to prepare the way for a second phase of treatment in the teen years.
Sometimes, it’s best for a child to wait until her teens to wear braces. An orthodontist or dentist who provides orthodontic treatments will be able to advise the parent on the best course of action for the child’s unique case.
Recent years have seen an increase in the popularity of orthodontic treatments among adults. Many of these patients wore traditional, metal bracket and wire braces in their teens, and have seen their teeth drift into misalignment over years of not wearing a retainer.
Others never wore braces as a child, and finally have the means to undergo orthodontic treatment as an adult. Dr. Hanna and Dr. Le have orthodontic solutions for all of these patients.
To diagnose orthodontic issues and recommend treatment, the doctor will need to take digital x-rays and 3D images of your mouth. This will help us see the relationship between your teeth and jaws, and the rest of your skull.
The doctor will take impressions of your teeth, which he will use to create a model. Upon this model of your mouth, we can apply treatments and show you how various options will work for your situation.
If you would like to know more about our orthodontic treatments, call our White Rock dental office today at (214) 348-2320 to schedule your free consultation with one of the doctors.
Types of Orthodontic Treatment
At White Rock Dental, we realize our patients want options. For that reason, we proudly offer several orthodontic treatments, including:
- Traditional Braces – The traditional metal bracket and wire braces have come a long way in the last few decades. No longer as painful as many adults may remember, they provide a gradual movement of the teeth into the desired position, using metal brackets that the doctor bonds to the teeth and threads with metal wire. Through improvements to the product, the amount of time patients spend wearing the braces has decreased as well.
- Clear Braces – These are very similar to the traditional bracket and wire braces, with one big difference. The brackets are clear, making them less noticeable when the patient smiles.
- Adult Six Month Braces – The doctors recommend Six Month braces for patients over the age of 16 who require a straightening of their front teeth due to an overbite, underbite, or spaces between the teeth.
- This treatment will not correct problems with the patient’s bite, and the doctors consider it a cosmetic treatment only. At a U.S.-based dental lab, technicians fabricate the clear brackets and tooth-colored wire for treatment.
- The brackets arrive in a custom-fit tray, which we place in an exact position for maximum efficiency. The doctor will use the tray to apply the brackets, then thread the wire through them. Patients need to come in every four to five weeks to have the wires tightened, and most patients experience an average total treatment time of six months.
If you would like to know more about our orthodontic treatments, call our Lakewood dental office today at (214) 348-2320 to schedule your free consultation with one of the doctors.
- Invisalign – Invisalign has revolutionized orthodontics with the use of clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. Patients wear 20 to 30 sets of aligners over a treatment period of 12 to 18 months to gently move their teeth into place.
- The removable aligners come with no dietary restrictions (as are necessary with traditional braces) and allow for easy cleaning of the teeth. Patients must wear their aligners for 20-22 hours each day to stay in compliance with their treatment plan, but the virtual invisibility of the aligners ensures that nobody will know the patient has them in.
- Invisalign even offers a special program for teens, Invisalign Teen, which includes a blue dot on each aligner that fades as the patient wears it. If the blue dot remains, parents will know their children are not in compliance with their program.
- Invisalign Teen also comes with six free bonus aligners, in case a child misplaces a few along the wa.
Call Us for a Consultation
We have many orthodontic options to choose from at White Rock Dental. If you would like to learn more about our orthodontic treatments, call our Lakewood dental office today at (214) 348-2320 to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Hanna or Dr. Le.